Cinder, a gifted mechanic in New Beijing, is also a cyborg. She's reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's sudden illness. But when her life becomes entwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she finds herself at the centre of a violent struggle between the desires of an evil queen - and a dangerous temptation.
Cinder is caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal. Now she must uncover secrets about her mysterious past in order to protect Earth's future.
Blurb from Amazon
So, the book is a twist on Cinderella, and I was a bit wary of reading it, because I thought it would be too much like the fairy tale and unoriginal, I was completely wrong!
The writing was so good, while reading it, I was taken away from real life and sucked into the story. I connected so much with Cinder, and all the things that happened to her, it felt like it happened to me. I love the Prince, Kai, he is my baby and I'll protect him with my life. This is going to sound stupid, but I even loved the font, and I don't know how I'm going to read another book, Cinder has put up o many standards, and I really recommend reading it, when I first started it I was really uncomfortable, but then, somewhere past the first quarter I decided I'd rather live in the Lunar Chronicles universe even if it meant possibly catching the plague (oop too much?) Anyway, this is all I can say without spoilers so... *throws book in your face* READ THE BOOK
The book is set in the future, I don't how far into it, and Cinder is a cyborg. What is a cyborg you ask, it is someone who has been in an accident and needs a limb replaced, and to replace it they use wires and metal etc (probably the worse description but...) Like the fairy tale, Cinder has an evil stepmother and two sisters, Pearl and Peony, but plot twist, Peony and Cinder were friends. Unlike the fairy tale, the stepmother, Adri, was already married to the dad (stepfather) Garan, and Peony and Pearl were their kids, Garan had adopted Cinder when she was 11.
There is a disease going around, called Letumosis, and it is referred to as the Plague, and it has affected the whole Earth. Cinder's stepfather caught from Europe after adopting Cinder, and the stepmother had always blamed Cinder for his death.
The story is set in China, and there is an Emperor and Prince and I love Prince Kai so much and *dies*
There are people who live on the moon, called Lunar's, and there is one incredible b*tch Queen Levana and ugh so much hate.
I'm probably going on and you think I'm talking (writing) too much, but this book is so good, and no I can't, can you not.
I love Prince Kai and Cinder's relationship. They seem so comfortable around each other, and I hate what Dr. Erland did to her, and just as they were going to kiss, and I just want them to be together and be happy but my heart physically ached as I read the ending.
Words cannot describe how much I HATE Adri, just ugh no, I think I consider her worse then Queen Levana (and that is saying something) and Adri is just scum, and I wanted to feel sorry for her but she has a horrible personality.
I like Dr Erland and Cinder's strange friendship, because I can't consider them not friends - especially after what you find out.
Through out everything happening, their is the plot line o the normal Cinderella, girl with a wicked stepmother and two horrible sisters (well one wasn't in Cinder but shh), girl can't go to the ball, girl finds a way (in Cinder there isn't one - maybe, but the person kinda died and ugh read the book) to go to the ball dances with prince, runs away shoe comes off, prince finds her and they get married.
I've mislead you all hahahaha, it cuts of at the shoe bit, and the most cringe thing happened and you need context, but I won't give you all of it just the need to know - Cinder hasn't got a foot and needs a fake one. Okay back to what happened, Cinder was running, AND HER FOOT COMES OF WHAT. That wasn't even one of the bad awkward bits, usually while reading a book I can just read it through, but with Cinder, nope, I had to put it down, and just breath in and out - IT'S ONLY A BOOK, but with all the drama happening in it as well - no.
I love at the ending though, another character is introduced, and while reading I was just like *looks character up and down* 'I know you', because funny story, I brought the last book first ha what an idiot.
I really recommend this book, even if you don't think you'll like it - you never know until you try.
I have so many emotions for this book, it so worth reading it.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment